Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Beginning

Hello Everyone!

We decided that we should start a blog out together as a couple to keep people informed of what's going on in our lives. But first I think we should start at the beginning...

How we first met:

When I was on study abroad, Lillian (my best friend since starting college), suggested that Sean and I be friends on facebook. I sent the request and then realized that his last name looked very Hungarian -- for those of you who don't know Szekely means Transylvanian in Hungarian. Anyways, I sent him a message asking what origin is he is last name. Then we started messaging back and forth until I got to Michigan. On February 8, 2009, we met in person for the first time... it was a little awkward, but it was so nice to see each other face to face.

How we started dating:

Sean and I had been interested in each other since the time we first started messaging each other, but circumstances kept us apart. I had to go back to California for a month, and then I was so busy with school, and Sean was busy dating Lillian's roommate that we never really got to talk. Well, that all changed during a temple trip in April.

We were at the Chicago temple waiting to do baptisms. Sean sat right next to me, and we started reading the scriptures together (which lead to great conversation after the session was over). We were eying each other the whole time. I really admired how much he enjoyed being in the temple. He was a witness, and just seeing him smile the whole time... I was hooked! Sean says that he couldn't keep his eyes off me when I was in the waiting room sitting on a couch by myself.

Later that night we went to a pizza joint as a branch. I managed to get lost and arrive late, so all the seats around Sean were taken. By the end of the evening we were able to talk some and we decided that we should get together. He was supposed to call me and never did, but Lillian, being the awesome friend that she is, suggested I text him. We decided to go out later that week.

We went to Panera bread for what Sean calls our first date, I don't consider it that because HE specifically said he did not want our outing to be a date. We ended up talking for a LONG time. Then we went out later that week to a movie and the rest is history!! And we have now been dating for 10 months.

1 comment:

  1. Great story! I like how it was an online thing first, just like me and Freddy-online friends first through facebook!

    ReplyDelete